Friday, December 26, 2008

Merinos Are A Girl's Best Friend!






SOME women want to be showered with diamonds and furs, but not this girl! Nope, it took a keen imagination and a shrewd mind for one of my friends to figure out what Christmas gift would reduce Shay to a grinning blob of pure happiness.




Yes, it's my new Shaun the Sheep toy, familiar to Wallace and Gromit fans everywhere! My dog Bosco, a border collie and therefore sheep herder by breeding and by nature, has been giving Shaun the baleful eye--perhaps thinking he must be a stray in need of herding--but Bosco's Mom is tickled silly and does not even blush to report that Shaun got lucky and slept with me last night! He's one baaaaaaaad mo fo!




The giver of this glorious gift wishes to remain un-named, perhaps fearing the gaudy light of celebrity due to her sheer brilliance.




And before any sheep-savvy readers write to tell me that merinos are white faced and Shaun is black faced....I knew that. Shaun told me!








________________________




13 comments:

susanna said...

That IS an awesome gift! Look at those big eyes... Yer friend did good! :)

Sharkbuttocks said...

Shaun the sheep is too cool!

Jannie said...

That's just the cutest thang ever.

I dont' do diamonds either.

Linda S. Socha said...

This is wonderful. I want one! Until tonight I did not know they existed!..Precious....I am new to your blog and have enjoyed the visit. Stop by to say hello when you are walking down blogger lane
Linda

Helen T said...

It's the thoughtful fun presents like this that make the holidays. Well done to your friend!

I hate to say it, but that sheep is strangely adorable.

Shrinky said...

My God, did you sleep with him on the first night? (Shameless hussy you, little wonder Bosco is giving him the baleful eye..)

A word to the wise here, do diamonds AS WELL, a practical girlie always keeps her options open!

(Shaking my head, laughing..)

Scarlet said...

Who wouldn't want a black-faced sheep at Christmastime? (I would've given him to you with diamonds in his ears...but that's just me.)

Mama Zen said...

That is so cute!

And, why did I not realize that Bosco is a border collie? I had a border collie when I was kid. They are wonderful dogs!

Fireblossom said...

oOo look at all the Shaun converts! Thanks for commenting, everyone! :-)

Lil Bit said...

baaaa! ;)
Too cute... and happy to see you got what you really wanted! =)

Hope you've had a wonderful holiday season.

Fireblossom said...

Thanks Lil Bit! I did indeed!

Hula's Secret Blog said...

He looks so soft!

Fireblossom said...

He is!

Welcome to The Word Garden, Hula.