Friday, February 21, 2014

Deaf Jensine's Mix Tape

Deaf Jensine,
opera diva from right here in (Townville? San Creola? Duckburg?),
brings to our assignation--of all things--a mix tape
which she whips out of her boho bag while flicking clips out of her hair
as if she were some sort of many-armed devil-goddess.

What does a devil-goddess play, 
you might ask,
on *my* player,
without any clothes on or clips in her hair?

Cha cha mostly. A little reggae.

How, you might further ask, 
can an opera diva be deaf?
She isn't, in any strict sense. 
Her detractors--talentless tailor's dummies eaten up with envy--
call her Deaf Jensine because she ignores 
their advice,
their insults,
their very existence,
and breezes by with her nose in the air and, at most, 
a "fuck you" on her lips.

Tonight, we're going to try this goo that warms you where it counts,
so they said at the product party, anyway.
Jensine wants to try it on me first.
Moving on hands and knees above me on the bed,
she looks like rain looks to the parched,
like a black-haired many-armed devil-goddess looks
to such as me.

"I love you," I say, like a perfect dolt.
"Fuck you," she says matter-of-factly, and starts doing what she does,
which she does very well.
Deaf Jensine says for me to shut up for once in my life,
then communicates digitally and in her own remarkable tongue.
When I come back from (Townville? Nirvana? Mars?),
I'm afraid I may have said all sorts of things,
but it's fine, who cares?
Jensine can't hear me anyway.
_______

a mixed up mess of wanton desire for Corey at Real Toads!

14 comments:

Sioux said...

Hot and quirky, Shay.

"She looks like rain looks to the parched." One of many fabulous lines...

Kerry O'Connor said...

Hmmm! I take exception to a woman who wears fox tails, even fake ones shows a propensity for blood sports and a lack of empathy to the warm-blooded... Jensine is definitely one night stand material.

Ella said...

Yes, deaf is feverishly hot, but cold! I have to read it again~
There is nothing like love to make us blind!

Cloudia said...

do the words stop in love making - or migrate inside?

ALOHA from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral
=^..^= <3

Herotomost said...

Wooooohooooo!!!!!! Ms. right now fits the bill specially when trying out the warming stuff...lol! Digital communication, you slay me. Hot, tense and perfect, you sent this one straight to mix tape heaven!!!! Thanks Shay!

hedgewitch said...

Never trust a diva, especially if she has more than two arms--still, at least this one can't repeat any embarrassing ooky baby talk that one regrets as soon as its out of the mouth, and speaking of mouths...well, this is a family blog(even if it is a hellspawn devil family) and we won't go there. I knew you would rock this one, Shay.

Mama Zen said...

Pure, unadulterated Shay!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love the digital communication in her own remarkable tongue too. A total hoot to read.

Kathryn said...

Smoking . . . loved the communicating digitally. Hot stuff.

Helen said...

Yum.

whimsygizmo said...

This is just a hot, wild ride. Nicely done.

Sam Edge Author said...

"then communicates digitally and in her own remarkable tongue".

I..um..that's just.. well..I..um...

grapeling said...

my fingers are burning. better fingers than anything else, I guess ~

Susie Clevenger said...

My my my.... I don't smoke and I need a cigarette! :)