Wednesday, June 25, 2014

*sigh*

Oh honey,
baby,
sweetheart--

you make me feel like nobody else can.
You carry a better world within yourself
like some camel come in from the desert,
except camels are nasty and you're so very drop-dead beautiful.

My love,
all I ever want to do is to be inside you and stay there.
Hey everybody who isn't me, 
(I'd say)
eat your heart out!

Sugar?
Gorgeous?
Miss Thang?
When you let me trail my fingers along the length of your body,
shivers go right up my arm.
Now I know how little bright stars feel
when they move across that scrumptious sky.

Bewitcher,
how you do it is a mystery to me.
What goes on, unseen, inside you
must be some kind of delicious outlaw magic--
there can't be any other explanation.

Creamy yellow
with a black back;
oh what you do to a girl.
Open up, sugar pea,
I could stow my whole heart, my whole life,
hell, maybe fifty-seven suitcases or so,
next to the upright spare tire in your trunk.

Purr to me baby.
Make me feel it from my feet to my...
well now, see, you made me blush.
V-8's the only way this girl ever wants to go;
I would follow your jetliner hood ornament anywhere.
Skip the optional seat belts.
Let's live dangerous, take the turns too fast;
let's keep the top down
and my hair loose.

You're such lady killer, Lady,
so hot when I park you in the jealous sun.
No other girl ever had such a caramelsweet honey
as I do in you, Miss 1955 Pontiac Star Chief convertible.
*sigh*





for Kerry's challenge at Real Toads.

23 comments:

Sioux said...

You had me fooled til almost the end, Shay.

Way to play with lines...You got me!

Lolamouse said...

I never really understood how people thought cars were sexy-until now! Your writing could make a slab of concrete seem sexy!

cosmos cami said...

Tricky, yes. :)
Some cars should be illegal due to exposed sensuality.
Delicious, zinging poem.

Kerry O'Connor said...

Ha! You had me going there for a minute! This must be some sexy car.

Loved this description, especially.

Now I know how little bright stars feel
when they move across that scrumptious sky.

Arushi Ahuja said...

I was surprised it was all about a car... really fireblossom you deceived me with your words and that first picture you posted!! but what an amazing turn around!! lovely!!

Ella said...

You brought sexy back! ;D
Wow, now I get why my dad loved and named his cars~

Fun to read and you fooled me, too~
Bravo, Shay!

TexWisGirl said...

sweet! you had me going for a while. :)

hedgewitch said...

ROFL hard at this lovely trompe l'oeil of a poem. I was about to be a bit overcome by the passion, till I saw its object--definitely worth the worship and awe.

humbird said...

Haha! Bravo! I love my car too!

Sumana Roy said...

ha..a bewitcher indeed..wowzers :)

Sara said...

I love your humor! You had me from the first "sigh" to the last.

My dad loved cars and used to rebuild them. He'd spend hours in the garage tinkering with his latest "love." I remember watching him and was always amazed at how he turn a "junker" back into a "beauty."

You sound good, girl:~)

Kathryn Dyche Dechairo said...

Smiling at the twist . . . you had me.

Grandmother (Mary) said...

My brother built model cars and my mother mixed the paint to color them- V8 beauties all the way! Loved this love poem to 'em.

K9friend said...

You sly thing, you. I loved it!

Pat
Critter Alley

Sherry Blue Sky said...

No way! I was starting to feel the first excitement I've felt in...ummm......fourteen years and then I find out it's a CAR???!!! You got me! LOL.

Cloudia said...

I'm as fizzy as a little blue star!



“Know thyself? If I knew myself, I'd run away.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe




ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
=^..^= <3

Hannah said...

Kerry's favorites are my favorites, too!!

An I like how I misread take the turns too fast...I read it without the "the," which spiced it up even more, (if that's even possible!!?).

I agree, you could make a slab of concrete seem sexy!!

Fun read, Shay...you missed your calling ;) you must have a few graphic sexy novels waiting to come out!

manicddaily said...

Ha. Very clever. What if relationships with people could be so unadulteratedly compelling!? K.

Susan said...

Ha ha ... some fine lines. But it also reminds me of an old dentist chair joke from the 1950s.

jo-hanna said...

So glad that I didn't see the picture first: I traveled down all sorts of roads first :-)

myheartslovesongs.com said...

HA! good one, Ms Fireblossom!

Margaret said...

a V8 Yes, this is really good (but, the first photo made me think as it wasn't your usual imagery … I was a bit suspicious :) Perhaps it was the 57 suitcases that made me laugh and knew I needed to switch my train of thought.

Mama Zen said...

Now, that's a ride!