Sunday, December 28, 2008

Moon Poem



The moon rose,

But you were not there--

So I began to spin,

And spread myself across the water's sleeping face

To save the night sky on my skin.


See here?

This is my heart, which you pull like a tide.

And here?

My name, a silent dream, until you speak it in your mind.


Come back.

I write this knowing only you will understand--

I have saved for you the night, each constellation that I am;

Find me.

Grace me.

Touch me.

Watch the stars turn in your hand.

_____________________

14 comments:

Jannie said...

Another gossamer shimmer gliding through the mist of life.

thank you.

Marty said...

A beautiful Moon Poem...

Mys Lyke Meeh said...

aww---that was awesome...

it flows!

Mama Zen said...

Each time I visit, I have a new favorite. This is filled with so much longing. Beautiful!

Shrinky said...

You are the star. It dazzles me how beautifully you write. I stand back in awe.

Tracey said...

Beautiful and softly enchanting, capturing the silent ache of longing.
I love it, Shay. I must say this is another favorite. :)

Fireblossom said...

Thank you, all of you! You'll make me blush!

nikkicrumpet said...

It must be fun to have a way with words. That was beautiful

Fireblossom said...

Hello Nikkicrumpet, and welcome to the Word Garden! What a great nickname lol. And yes, it rather IS fun!

Cynthia said...

Hi shayfire, Beautiful and longing.

Robert Robillard said...

Your poems are really nice!

Where's the pics of the two pups?

Fireblossom said...

Hugs, Cynthia, Happy New year, sweety!

Robert, welcome to the Word Garden and check out today's (dec 31) post!

Mmm said...

Gosh, absolutely mesmerizingly gorgeous. Love these words. Ahh...

Grace DeWitt said...

I love your descriptions, moon poems are my favorite