Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Bake Until Golden, Sweeten To Taste


I searched the sun

Which was the color of a sugar cookie,

But in the end,

The day hoarded you for itself--

Leaving my face tilted in the window

Like an empty plate.


So,

I hid my name in a honey jar;

Did you think

A thing as simple as a sweet tooth

Could sing to you like that?


I have many recipes,

But just a single sweetheart;

And I can use many wiles

All for a common cause.


Follow your craving,

I'll be waiting...

Come to my kitchen, now Love, now.

I will distract you with temptations,

And when your eyelids fall to savor,

You'll never notice

The softly closing door.

________________________________

4 comments:

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?