Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Sunday, September 18, 2016

In This Room

Here, in this room, is where I left it. 
I carry a key,
cold between my breasts, hard against my heart,
that I will never use again.

You--reaper, slayer, bitch--
I bear no mercy for you, no kind thought.
May fire ants climb up your cunt and kill you very slowly,
and the balm stay in sight just out of reach.

Here, outside this room, is where the husk-body walks.
It lives, while the heart that was its passenger browns and curls beyond the door.
Love for my familiars is strong
but the rest I have driven nails through and fed to bald-head vultures.

Killer, drooling lunatic, dust-souled woman-forgery,
I spit on every mote that's left of you;
I feed your ghost great troughs of hate,
and curse you for killing me, again each day, as long as I have memory.
_____

for Susie's "If Death Were A Woman" challenge at Real Toads.

 

14 comments:

  1. sometimes, i wish i could hate like this. would make getting over people easier...maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many turns of phrase here are also turns of the screw--piercing and wounding, as well as steely scarred and sore. The first two lines of your third stanza are possibly two of the best I've ever read on this subject--an amazing piece of poetry, Shay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shay--Your love poems are wonderful, and your hate poems are... well, your hate poems are wonderfully horrible. So biting.

    Two of my favorites:

    "Here, outside this room, is where the husk-body walks.
    It lives, while the heart that was its passenger browns and curls beyond the door."

    and

    "great troughs of hate"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I most like the stanza with the lines Hedge quoted..........so strong, venom to the Death-Woman.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Shay, this resonates like a curled-fingered curse thrown at someone's back, rather like a knife, only, of course, there's a lot of sadness in it too. Very brutal and honest both, and vividly visceral. k.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes, 'hate' is a visceral human manifestation and you expressed it well in this piece. i 'hate' you for being so clever and good ! kidding !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was waiting for your reply to this challenge.. and I am not disappointed. Such fire(ants) and acid and defiance. Brilliantly conceived.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "May fire ants climb up your cunt and kill you very slowly"

    Mine. Stealing it. Live with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hand held to the red stove searing. whew ~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Death is a real bitch. "May fire ants climb up your cunt and kill you very slowly, and the balm stay in sight just out of reach." Ballsy and brash statement. I love it. Fabulous creativity with this prompt. Thanks so much for writing for the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoo! Kill that fucker! Then what, you've employed the very thing you think you've demolished. Loved this! la la mosk

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?