Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Reckoning

There will certainly be a reckoning.
When you eat that slop for breakfast, angry fields roll themselves into earthquakes.
The bones of everything are broken and sticking up;
your wound is already there and calling.

Hi, I'm a nature fairy.
I always wear this leather shit.
There are whole herds whose hooves dream of nothing but my face,
and the agreeable aspects of gravity.

I love the moon, especially at dawn like this.
Don't you?
There is nothing there, nothing we can ruin.
Drop a penny, make a wish, live in a pool's reflection until a new season germinates.

Look at me, I'm a flower--a venom bloom.
Bees help me displace what I feel when they collect, and carry, and sting.
Hold out your arms. Turn to wood. Include a door.
Otherwise my bees will make short work of you, and my emptiness will be for nothing.

Lazy deities piss me off.
That cloud looks like the last thing you said to me--
a nothing made of nothing floating on the invisible.
Hold out your gauntlet, here I come. Listen for my song. I only sing it once.
______

9 comments:

  1. Speechless at how completely unexpected your images are, and what a wonderful thing this is to read and envision. Wow. I don't know how you do it, but am so glad that you do and that I get to read your brilliant poems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cloud looks like the last thing you said to me--
    a nothing made of nothing floating on the invisible.

    (I may be forced to steal these lines when occasion demands.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could quote endlessly here, but will just say--you never fail to amaze me with the way you cut to the bone of a feeling, or choose the perfect image to do so. Here the bees, the venom flower, the nature fairy with the attitude, all make a razored spearpoint of loss and even perhaps anger, but muted as a fall sky full of ambiguous clouds and changing weather. Just excellent excellent writing, Shay. Top of your form, which is as high as it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hedgewitch said it--you're the tops. (You don't want me singing it, do you?)

    I don't know why, but the last line--especially--gets me. Especially the "I only sing it once" part.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once Upon a Time, I do love the moon too.
    But these day... By the time the moon is up, I already in bed =^x^=
    Have to get ready for 5 am. to wake mom up..you know ?
    pretty hard job for a kitty like me !
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! Oh, this was completely unexpected! I love the sharp words!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Bees help me displace what I feel when they collect, and carry, and sting."

    Damn, damn, damn, I wish that I had written that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lazy deities. Amazing the images that summons up.

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?