Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Maricela Mexicana


Maricela Mexicana

The drops fall from the roof...
They fall like I fell for your heart-shaped face.

The porch light is like some melancholy moon...
Maricela Mexicana,
I listen to the breeze in the night.

As the stars disappear behind moody clouds,
The moon disappears as you disappeared...

Maricela Mexicana
The drops fall as I remember your kiss...
And I listen
To the breeze
In the night.
_______________

3 comments:

  1. I am not a writer or a critical reader; I am a woman who read this poem and could see myself at midnight looking through the open door of my cabin, just after a seldom-occurring Arizona rain. I see droplets falling from the roof onto my porch; there are thousands of stars in the pitch-black sky and the moon is being shy, but I can still feel it shining. I now realize that the time I most feel the missing and longing is after it rains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has always been one of my favorites from among my own poems. I'm glad to know that I am not the only one who loves "Maricela." Thanks, Pouty. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melancholy indeed. This is my favorite:

    "The porch light is like some melancholy moon"

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?