Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Poem Of The Shadow Girl


note: this is really a Helen T. poem, but I got a little creative with it near the end. She has never made me feel empty, ever. :-)


Poem Of The Shadow Girl


When you speak to me,

I am like the leaf that gathers rainwater--

You are the bloom.


When you need me,

I am like the pillow someone lays her head upon--

You are the dream.


When you touch me,

I am like the cake someone steals some frosting from--

I exist for your desire.


When you are angry with me,

I am like the dented pail forgotten on the lawn--

I hold only emptiness.


And when you smile at me,

I am like a champagne geyser, I bubble and shine--

You are the midnight

You are the one I

Know can never be mine.

_________________________


2 comments:

  1. Beautifully sad, Shay, each line
    written with poignant grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cynthia, I always appreciate hearing from you! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?