Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Mother Goose



Little Bo Peep

Says bugger these sheep,

Gets in her Subaru and heads downtown


Little Miss Muffet

Tells her old man to stuff it,

Now she's an icon of the fashion underground


The Queen of Hearts

Says I can't stand tarts,

I want a double mocha latte and a scone


While the Woman In The Shoe

Says forget the lot of you,

I want a Second Street loft to call my own


By page ninety-nine

Mother Goose gets out of rhymes

And starts a trendy vegan bistro on the strand


And quick as you like

They all become dykes,

And in the evenings they're an all-woman band.

______________________________________

2 comments:

  1. This is such a charming poem, Shay.
    Please check out your Ophelia poems, at Epiphany.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cynthia, sometimes I write something just for amusement.

    I did come and look at the Ophelia poems, and i love the little names you gave us all ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?