Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Book Review: "From A Buick 8"

From a Buick 8From a Buick 8 by Stephen King

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


"From A Buick 8" is vintage Stephen King. A 1950s Buick Roadmaster is abandoned by a sketchy man in a black coat and hat at a gas station in western Pennsylvania. The local State Police Barracks puts it in a shed for safekeeping, but there is nothing safe about this car. In fact, it isn't even really a car. The battery isn't attached to anything, the controls are all for show, and it can heal itself if it gets a scratch.

That's only the tip of the iceberg, though. This Buick occasionally spits up hideous creatures, or causes human beings to disappear without a trace. It's really chilling, engrossing, and absolutely entertaining. Recommended.



View all my reviews

7 comments:

  1. I am yet to read this title by King, I must add to my reading list. Nice review and how are you? Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, how ARE You?

    thanks for the juicy review

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steven King pissed me off after I slogged through the gunslinger series and it turned out to be another Groundhog Day. I swore to never read him again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Normally I don't read Stephen King these days(stopped after Needful Things) because he scares me too thoroughly, but you convince me I should give this one a try--the spouse really liked it, also.I'll put it on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I'm wondering too. How ARE you?

    It sounds like a good read. I'll have to put it on my list...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really bummed. Your review was so interesting that I went to the library today to check it out, only to discover that it had been stolen.

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?