Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Attachment



The mixer lost its attachment.


"Without my mixer, I am paralyzed," said the heartbroken little attachment.

"I am not beautiful enough to be ornamental,

And without my mixer,

I am so sad that I cannot even stand up."


The cookie dough said,

"I will support you, until you feel stronger."

The bowl said,

"I will hold you, until you are not so sad."


Just then, a voice said,

"Where do you think you're going, you little rascal?" and clicked the attachment back into place.


Reunited with its beloved mixer,

It began spinning happily again,

Doing what it was always meant to do--

Stirring up sweet things.

_____________________

15 comments:

  1. and very creative too. Nice poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, shayfire, you imagination simply blows me away.
    Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, so sweet! A delightful thought - love it. (Smile.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This poem and you are highlights in the universe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much for the kind comments. Some people take drugs to see the world the way that I do all the time lol.

    Jannie, while you were here leaving a comment--and what a comment! Thank you, Tex!--I was at your blog commenting on yours! Synchronicity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very neat! This reminds me of something my partner would write :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such a gifted writer that even your prose has a lyrical cadence to it.

    May I boldly suggest an alternative title for this post?

    TO STIR, WITH LOVE

    (Lulu and Sidney Poitier would approve.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just so creative and a really fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, everyone, and welcome to the Word Garden, Riot Kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Buddha, and welcome to the Word Garden!

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?