Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Nightfall In New Mexico

Do tall girls have the ear of God,
and if We do,
is it only because we are never inconspicuous,
and so always feel we will be caught out if we fail?
Are we closer to the Stars,
or just further from our own boot heels?
Could we leave if we wanted to,
whistling songs from the Mass as if we learned them from the radio?

I am a good Catholic girl, and I love God
in all Her beautiful glory--
but I like to place my faith closer at hand, too;
in you, so dark-eyed and so warm to me,
this hungering Soul.
Be the indigo Sky to my easy Earth--
I lay myself down for you like a warm road;
settle over me and mark me like a silver moon.

I want to run my hands up under your pretty, loose dress
as if they were the breeze and me the Believer--
cover me, like Nightfall in New Mexico,
speaking Spanish in my ear, or Redemption,
rewarding my faith and desire with my own whispered name.
_________

12 comments:

  1. Gobsmacked I am (by you)



    ALOHA from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral
    ~ > < } } ( ° > <3
    > < } } ( ° >

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful --especiallly, I thought, the last stanza. k. (this is manicddaily, Karin, on mobile device which makes me use old blogger id.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The three lines that begin "Be the indigo sky to my easy earth"....OMG. No one writes love poetry like you do, kiddo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even a black-hearted atheist like myself can appreciate the beauty of faith, love, and the slow falling of night over dusty hills, the spring breeze that lifts the ruffles on a dress soon to come off...lovely mood in this one Shay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely poem. I especially like the lines "Be the indigo sky to my easy Earth"...it flows beautifully.

    Pat
    Critter Alley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tall girls are closer to God, able to scrape beauty from the creator more readily than short girls. Ahhh...tall girls. There's nothing out else them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm, this is so sensual and smooth in the way it drips, purposefully, controlled --- soft melted butter slurred into the sticky goo of dark honey.

    This is a fine philosophical query, my dear:
    "Are we closer to the Stars,
    or just further from our own boot heels?"

    My favorite part:
    "Be the indigo Sky to my easy Earth--
    I lay myself down for you like a warm road;
    settle over me and mark me like a silver moon."

    I also like this line, but even more so without the two words that are intended follow: "I want to run my hands up under your pretty"

    Your ending gives me midnight chills, noosed goosebumps, raised nether hair, rippling skin, electrocuted veins, however you'd like to describe it:
    "as if they were the breeze and me the Believer--
    cover me, like Nightfall in New Mexico,
    speaking Spanish in my ear, or Redemption,
    rewarding my faith and desire with my own whispered name"

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Be the indigo Sky to my easy Earth--
    I lay myself down for you like a warm road;
    settle over me and mark me like a silver moon."

    damn, woman! you write like no one else ever could and it literally takes my breath away!

    gorgeous, Sis!

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?