Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Thursday, August 8, 2019

A Peculiar Blindness

"If I were blind, would you be my eyes?" --Todd Rundgren "Pretending To Care"

It's a peculiar blindness
so many of us have. 

There you are, little bug, looking for a place to land
never giving much thought to how you came so far.

That's why a breeze brought you me.
You think you are small, unremarkable,

but I can see your big glorious wings
spread out like an exclamation

right behind you,
in fabulous display,
plain as day.
______

for Wednesday Muse "butterflies."

11 comments:

  1. Incredible. I wonder how many of us suffer from this blindness in regards to ourselves. We do not see the magnificence that is us. An amazing remarkable Poem Shay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful. Butterflies make an enormous journey before they flutter past us. I love the "big glorious wings spread out in exclamation". A butterfly must be happy to be so well seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm feeling a similar sense of joy for encountering this poem :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They do have glorious wings don't they? I love this Shay!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not the rhyme scheme, not the rhythm of Emily, yet somehow...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, Little Bug so glorious! And doesn't even realize her own power.
    (As an aside, gosh we have really been seeing a ton of monarchs this year, unlike several recent years, and that seems like a really good sign.)

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?