Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Monday, July 29, 2024

Word Garden Word List--A.E. Stallings

 

Hello my little epic heroes! As promised, a special treat this week, as our List is taken from the collection "Like" by A. E. Stallings. I love her because she alternates between ordinary domestic situations and Greek myth with the ease of a circus juggler. 

A.E.Stallings

What I particularly love about her poems is her deceptively easy-looking use of form and rhyme, which lends elegance to everything she has to say. Raggedy raggamuffin that I am, I hope to emulate her in this, but you may do as you wish and either rhyme or not, and use form or not! You can learn all about her and see examples of her work HERE

Meanwhile, what we do here is to use at least 3 of the 20 words provided in a new original poem of our own. Then just link up, visit others, and then sit back and defend the pass at Thermopylae with all of your brave poet pals! This prompt remains active through Sunday.

And now, your List!

amazed
clover
devout
dreams
eggs
glass
glue
huge
leggy
luck
mystery
numbered
proverbial
quiet
snack
sweetness
temporary
toy
winter
yarn

10 comments:

  1. Can't wait to dive into Stallings' poetry which I'm totally unacquainted with but in my brief glimpse am blown away! Thanks for the intro and the word list, Shay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dora - I couldn't leave a comment on your poem - I love the imagery and reflective feel to it - and the continuation of the bird throughout - Jae

      Delete
    2. Jae, Thank you so much for your always gratifying comments.😊 I've changed the settings for my comments box hoping that helps but I'm not holding my breath. WP is so hit and miss, always has been. :(

      Delete
  2. Hi Shay,
    Can you give me brief instructions on your Word Garden list? Ie: how many are we supposed to use; what do we write (poetry, stories?), etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa. Please read the third paragraph.

      Delete
  3. Interesting poems by Stallings! Giving them a read through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A cool poet I have not come across. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for another great list and poet (ry) recommendation - Jae

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super feature, Shay. I'm enjoying reading her work. Thanks, Shay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Shay, i enjoyed the prompt.

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?