Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Monday, July 22, 2024

Word Garden Word List--Where'd You Go, Bernadette?

 

Hello my little eccentrics! I am running a little bit behind getting the List up for you this afternoon but am working my happy behind off to deliver it to you in good order.  This week our source is a 2012 novel by Maria Semple entitled Where'd You Go, Bernadette?  (There is also a movie version.) 

Maria Semple

The book is quite a hoot, and worth it just for the bit about the blackberry vines. You'll see, if you read it! 

What we do here is to use at least 3 of the 20 words provided in a new original poem of our own. Then just link up, visit others and then bask in the perhaps unexpected place where your poem took you. 

And now, your List!

annoyed
bitch goddess
brooms
cow
cuckooville
elegant
furious
hostage
library
music
parkas
pencil
polar
politely
PTSD
puppet
robot
sadness
shocked
unhinged

11 comments:

  1. I always have my heart in it but my ducks get in the way! I hope to be back but may get lost in duck mayhem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some interesting words, for sure! My poem is short, but the idea didn't need many words! Smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for this wonderful list - sounds like a good read - Jae

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed the movie, especially the blackberry vines!!!!! Thanks for the list. Yesterday I was coming back from the farm, and tired, so am just looking at this today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Shay for your marvelous list of inspiration. I haven't read the book or seen the movie. I must added it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another inspiring list, dear Shay! Thank you. BTW, in hopes of escaping your maledictions against not informing you, I'm hosting dVerse Poetics this week, topic horses,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dora - I couldn't leave a comment on your poem - it is wonderful - Jae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jae! Others are having the same trouble off and on too, so a special thanks for letting me know.

      Delete
  8. I wasn't sure I was going to finish in time for the link this week, but I made it happ'n Cap'n.

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?