Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Saturday, August 17, 2013

blue cat II

I should have known I was asleep
when the sky turned over and the clouds shook
like bedding in the morning--

everything fell--
sighs, promises,
blood, silences--
a rain best understood by skin and sense.

The blue cat came, speaking notions in my head
about you, Saturn, stars;
scattered across the courtyard
as I slept.
________

This is a companion piece to "Blue Cat" from 2008.

It is also a 55 for the fabulous G Man!
 

12 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a really beautiful cat.
    Saturn is my favorite planet, and I love this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Shay - part dream, part hyper-reality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The middle stanza especially, and the striking visual of a blue cat...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first thing I noticed after reading the two pieces is how you've grown so much as a writer, yet retained all the qualities that make your writing unique and exceptional. Sorry I can't say it better--this is an excellent, luminous piece of poetry...and I am very off poetry atm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this quite a lot, Shay



    ALOHA from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral
    ><}}(°>

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first thing I noticed after reading the two pieces is that you used to receive comments from someone named Sharkbuttocks.

    Nah, I noticed the same thing Hedge did. You've gotten crisper, I think. But, it's lines like "a rain best understood by skin and sense" that just blow me away time after time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah , you've grown as a writer, and the Friday Funfest
    Is reaping the rewards tonight. I think your Blue Cat has
    magical powers hitherto unknown in the literary world.
    Thank You Shay for contributing and helping me out
    Your depth as a poetic genius is endless, you are such a sweet soul.
    Have a Kick Ass Week End... G

    ReplyDelete
  8. adore the second stanza - love imagining that. And the kitty ... what a looker! Is this your baby?

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?