Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Monday, August 19, 2024

Word Garden Word List--Full Dark, No Stars

 

Hello my late-summer flowers! Speaking for myself, I am delighted to see August turn to its latter days and the temperature turn cooler. I am ready for pumpkins and witches! Okay, so I am rushing things, and depending on where you are you may be longing for spring instead. No matter! Our source this week comes from that master of the macabre, Stephen King!


I have chosen his 4-story collection Full Dark, No Stars. It's a good one, though--as the title suggests--dark as can be. Your poems need not be dark unless you want them to be, though!


What we do here is to use at least 3 of the 20 words provided in a new, original poem of our own. Then simply link up, visit others, and then relax until you hear something strange rattling in the closet or at your window in the night. Bwahahaha! This prompt remains active through Sunday. 

And now, your List!

Care Bears
crow
faded
flummoxed
funny
gingerly
hidey-hole
hucksters
lemonade
magazines
mournful
oak
overhead
possible
potions
pretty
snared
washing
wedding
wounded

Have fun!


12 comments:

  1. Miracles happen all the time...this is living proof of it. So glad to be here, and thank you Shay for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the title, just for starters...........will be back, likely tomorrow morning. Watching the convention right now........hope abounding. Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched it too until I got too sleepy halfway through Biden's speech. It was very uplifting!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the words - I really liked the title too (and duly stole it! Hope that is ok) ~Jae

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Four Care-Bears of the Apocalypse: War, Famine, Death, and Snuggles. On it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the only thing strange, or should I say dark, in the closet was me. Thanks as always for the inspiration Shay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to have you here, Susie, and no need to hide in the closet; you rock.

      Delete
  6. Good old King. Dude never stops. I had to look up huckster :) I want to check out his book, but if you think it's good, then it'll be creepy as hell and I might have to pass it up!

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?