Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Monday, August 26, 2024

Word Garden Word List--Enter the Aardvark

 

Hello my oddball animals! Welcome to this week's Word List! Our source this time is a novel by Jessica Anthony, entitled Enter the Aardvark. The blurb says it is about a sexually confused political candidate who receives a taxidermied aardvark and must get rid of it before it ruins him. Yeah, I don't either, but it sounds fun. It was sitting here on my shelf waiting to be read and waits still.


However, it gets to provide words for our List! What we do here is to use at least 3 of the 20 words provided in a new original poem of our own. Then just link up, visit others, and then run for office and hope like heck that no one sends you a taxidermied aardvark that can sink your career! This prompt remains active through Sunday. 

And now, your List!

aardvark
antique
billionaire
chalky
doorbell
expects
glass
globe
joke
jolly
malaise
obediently
proceeds
sheepish
shellac
staffers
tedium
text
tippy toes
vapors


7 comments:

  1. OK, now I have to read the book. What??

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL.......I cant wait ro read the responses, especially yours! The scope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the words - who could resist an aardvark! It was tricky but fun - Jae :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aardvarks are *very* tricky, can’t take your eyes off them for a minute. Lots of aardvarks running Three-Card-Monty over in Central Park. Statistically, most pickpockets are aardvarks too.

      Delete
  4. Late to the party as usual, but you know...I had a dream. Thanks for giving it a place to perch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I didn't hear a flute. :) Love the list. I wasn't sure what I would do with it, but somehow I turned myself into an aardvark.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Slow going, still working on mine but fingers crossed. Don’t think I will make the deadline though.

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?