Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Monday, August 5, 2024

Word Garden Word List--Apathy

 

Hello, my little cubicle rats! This week's Word List is taken from Paul Neilan's absolutely hilarious nihilistic absurdist novel Apathy.  I am sorry to be slightly late getting this posted, but a combination of health concerns and Olympics addiction delayed me just a bit. 

Paul Neilan

The protagonist in this novel compares two women he is sleeping with by saying that sleeping with one (to get a break on his rent) makes him feel like a clown, but sleeping with the other makes him feel like a clown sitting on a splintered floor, holding a gun and crying. The banality of a co-worker's chatter makes him drop to a knee, knowing he could now never have children. It's a crazy tale full of very funny hyperbole, hopeless weary observations, and completely ridiculous scenes and characters. 

What we do here is to use at least 3 of the 20 words provided in a new original poem of our own. Then just link up, visit others, and then give Paul Neilan a badly-needed hug. This prompt remains active through Sunday!

And now, your List:

avocado
awkward
bumbling
cartoon
circle
deaf
furiously
gibberish
guinea pigs
helicopter
hilarious
kittens
letterhead
madness
murder
parole
queen
terrified
thumbs-up
writhed


6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the words - as always food for thought! Jae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the words - On an theme from France !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a one track mind these days. Some very appropriate words in this list for my topic. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am extremely late showing up, and I hope you are feeling better Shay! I may be back, but will at least visit those that participated. My ducks are gone and I feel lost without them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Late, but still under the wire!

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?