Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Everyone's A Critic

Yesterday morning on my way to work, I made the sudden acquaintance of an SUV's bumper . The driver had pressing business off to his left somewhere, and did not find it necessary to look where he was going. 

Anyway, he ran over my bike, which is better than if he had run over my head. I am banged up and sore but not seriously hurt. I guess he objected to my choice of a two-wheeled lifestyle and took a moment to pray for me. It worked, as I immediately took up a new lifestyle on the fucking pavement. Or maybe he just hates bicyclists or poets. Or bloggers.

11 comments:

  1. dang shay....close call...and i am glad you are ok...

    ReplyDelete
  2. sh*t! shay!!! you just got your shoulder/arm back into typing mode and now you want to throw your whole body under the SUV!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It wasn't an attempted hit by me, I swear. Yes, I am a bit green with envy--every single day--over your writing talent, but would never go to extremes like that.

    Seriously, Shay. I'm glad you are okay (right?) but what about your bike? Is it totaled?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my God, how horrible! You just healed from your shoulder and could have been really seriously hurt. At the very LEAST, I CERTAINLY hope he will replace your bike!!!!!!!!! That so sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. I'm so glad you are relatively unhurt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jesus! How can you make something so serious ~ so funny? Glad you were not seriously hurt. Be careful out there, you do wear a helmet ... yes?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haiku lovers on the rampage....Hahahaha!

    Glad he couldn't flatten your spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many uncaring idiots out there, Shay. Hope you're ok! We need you at your best because it elevates our skill set.

    Hope he replaces your bike!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wasn't me. I was in Florida.

    Shall we sue?

    ReplyDelete
  10. you know i'm concerned about you, SP! i think you should hire Gloria Allred... or at least her cousin, Gloria Alread...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please tell me he didn't just drive away and leave you there.

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?