Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Monday, June 4, 2012

New Girl

Hi. I'm the new girl.

Are you gonna finish that salad? 

I heard about this take-out place, and they made salads from lettuce that grew where all these deer were coming by and crapping on it, and people got, like, botulism or something. They puked and had to go in the hospital and stuff. It was gross.

So is it working?

Well, I just assumed you're dieting. Aren't you? I never diet. I can, like, OD on chocolate pie til I'm cross eyed and never gain an ounce. I'd kill myself if I was fat. I mean, that's just me. I like fat people. They're like, jolly, and don't care what they wear, and I think that's very freeing.

Is this a picture of your husband? Wow, he looks a lot younger than you! He's really handsome. Been married long?

Does he work here? Hey, it was just a question.

I love your hair. That retro look is so popular now.

So, you probably know all the ins and outs, right? If I had been here half as long as you, I'd be running the place. But they'd probably fire me for vericose veins or something. Ha! That was a joke!

Wow, you're really not that jolly, are you?

Well, of course you've got work to do! I thought I could help you. What's this junk? Oh, was that in some kind of special order or something? Oops!

Hey look, I'm sorry. Seriously. Let's be friends. I'd really like us to--

Oh, that's my phone. I have to take this. 

Sorry that took so long. I think I've got a cramp in my ass from sitting on your desk! 

Well, I better run. Oh my gosh, you have such a pretty smile! Anyhoo, don't be a stranger, Tammy. Okay, sorry, Tanya. New girl, what can I say? 

Toodles!

(walking away) What a bitch! 

_______ 

for trifecta week 30. 314 words. key word "new."

26 comments:

  1. i was dying thru this. i think we've all had one of these...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, you never told me you knew the Hellbitch personally. Portrait to the life. You could, like, be a psychopath--oops, psychologist or something, and you know, you've always, like totally got your head stuck in a book or something so no one cares how you look...:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it wrong that I wanted to reach out strange the new girl after the fourth paragraph? And to think that I used to know somebody like this... *shudder*

    ReplyDelete
  4. strange <> strangle

    It's funny what one missed character will do to a word.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HYSTERICAL! I didn't want to strangle her but I did want to smack her pretty hard. Then I wanted to got to lunch with her or maybe cocktails. We all know crazies or maybe we are them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. EVERYBODY has worked with someone like this. Hilarious, Shay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You gave me a big, fat smile with this one. :) I made up the best voice for her too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was funny! I've known people kind of like this (not quite as bad). My sarcasm worked as a nice shield (and strategically placed stacks of paper helped their need to linger :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Being in an office is kind of like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The office as the middle school cafeteria....I can imagine her so well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sadly, the newbies seem to all come in a similar inane mold, and reeking of incompetence.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah ha ha ha ha! I totally agree, we all know someone like this. Made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh you so have the lingo of the bimbo down! So funny. All that is missing is her cracking her gum as she talks....and talks....and talks.........

    ReplyDelete
  14. she's certainly the queen of the insult that sounds like a compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! I do not know if I will laugh at the character or get irritated with her. You wrote her so well. She's so real. :-) well done.

    ~Imelda

    ReplyDelete
  16. :) This is not really poetry as much as reportage. I've dated this woman before, but haven't we all? I loved this - sometimes you don't need another person to have a conversation. Oy, I feel for you. The fat people are supposed to be jolly and they don't care what they look like.I've known clueless people like her. This was bril, sad but bril.Love, Mosk

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do not miss the corporate world, amiga. LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. New Girl needs a punch in the neck, I'll treat!

    ReplyDelete
  19. "Wow, you're really not that jolly, are you?"

    Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this tale! What a character you have created for us to dislike!

    ReplyDelete
  21. lol. this would have been a great link up for my writing workshop hop -- to write in the close first person pt of view!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I honestly wasn't sure, at first, if this was middle school or work. Which means you've captured this new bitch's personality perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hilarious, loved it. I heard her with a British accent, like someone from the original The Office.
    Thanks for playing. Please come back tomorrow for the new prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is too funny. Some people really don't have that filter.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is why I like to work ALONE!!!

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?