- do not pontificate
- do not discuss the lottery. you are not going to win it. ever.
- do not discuss people you worked with twenty years ago at the plant. do not try to puzzle out whether they now live in east bumfuk or new slagheap.
- do not describe your old sports injuries. do not display them.
- do not share your thoughts about any of your ex-wives.
- do not discuss automobile parts/engines/makes/models
- do not hold forth about sports. any sport.
- do not jingle coins in your pants pocket
- do not shout a conversation with your buddy five tables away.
- do not stand in the doorway with the door open during winter months while wrapping up your convo with your friend for fifteen minutes.
- do not tell war stories.
- do not complain about the price of a cup of coffee. do not announce that another shop sells it more cheaply. just go there. now.
- do not hold lengthy discussions of how best to get to east bumfuk or new slagheap if you are not going there immediately.
- do not play "let's remember".
- do not discuss bow hunting.
- do not turn to the mail lady who is trying to eat lunch, read her book, and catch thirty minutes down time, and ask if it is hot or cold enough for her, how much stamps cost, or whether she knows your cousin's friend's neighbor, who works for the east bumfuk post office (or maybe it's new slagheap).
for Mary's Mixed Bag...pet peeves.