Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Friday, March 23, 2018

A Mail Lady's Golden Memories (Episode 54)

Mrs. Geritolle is missing her Blizzardville Inquirer,
expected via post every week from out of town.

Mrs. G to the mail lady: "Maybe it's in your truck somewhere."

"Or sitting at the post office."

"I think you took it home to read yourself." 

Days later, a post card: "Blizzardville Inquirer has ceased publication."

~sigh~

SMH. 
__________

for those not conversant with text short-hand, SMH = "shaking my head." 

A 55 for my BFF.

8 comments:

  1. LMAO. Poor mail ladies(and gentlemen) everywhere no doubt are nodding as well as shaking their heads. How human it is to want to *make* a thing be true, or someone else's fault! Working with the public is an experience everyone should be forced to undergo, like the draft of old, in order to understand why we have these things called 'manners.' I love this Shay--thanks for the laugh, and for playing 55 in the true spirit of our Mr Know It All.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Mrs G. Does she have to apologise to the mail lady?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL........I imagine you are very kind to your mail lady!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so easy to blame the first person we see, but... seriously, is Mrs. G sure the mail lady didn't steal the Blizzadville? I mean, I would want to read something like that at my leisure. Not that I stole it, of course. Really. I wan't me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you can't read it on a phone or tablet, you can't read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What MY mail carrier is keeping to themselves: the Publishers Clearinghouse Sweepstakes notification that I've won the big award.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, the endless, "Where is my?" I love this. I can see her out there grilling you for information that is probably weeks old when it is ink fresh to begin with.

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?