Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Pigeon Superstition

Why did they put a ledge here?
I've got to get you out here.
The cop's got erudition--
he'll read me Yeats in prison.

He called you on his cell phone
cos baby you're my love jones.
I'm out here on a mission--
it's pigeon superstition.

Three steps left will make you be
my bitchin love eternally;
and if that fails, then turn around,
and magnetize you downtown.

If you come and if we fall,
we'll look like ants but feel like gods.
We won't blame the Irish cop
if we come to a sudden stop.

Backwards counting down by threes
will bring your smokin' self to me.
It's not infatuation fiction--
it's pigeon superstition.

It's you and me and Walden too,
that's what superstition do.
________

for Out Of Standard at Real Toads. "Pigeon Superstition"

Thanks to Jarrod Dyson of the Kansas City Royals, who famously quipped "That's what speed do."

The song whose melody just happens to fit. Thank you Susie Clevenger.
 

9 comments:

  1. if i go out on a ledge, i'm not gonna invite anyone to go with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too awesome for your own good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! That photo is hilarious! So glad I could provide the music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. " Backwards counting down by threes
    will bring your smokin' self to me.
    It's not infatuation fiction--
    it's pigeon superstition.

    It's you and me and Walden too,
    that's what superstition do. "


    oh YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smiling......."that's what superstition do". LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I can almost hear the tin cup rattling between the bars and the harmonica wailing! Love where the prompt took you! Thanks for posting and viva la!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is just where a prompt like this can take you. I think it's all about not stepping on the cracks between the stones though...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you may have nailed the whole love thing here. Excoriatingly sweet rhyme and meter meets the black ink of irony and dances with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are like the lyrics to a song I would like to sing along to.

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?