Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Monday, February 12, 2024

Word Garden Word List--T S Eliot

 Hello friends! Please pardon the brevity of this week's blurb. I woke up today with a sore and pretty useless right arm, so typing and moving the mouse around is difficult, but the List must go on!


This time, our list is taken from "The Waste Land and Other Poems" by T S Eliot. I encourage you to look him up, and please forgive me for not including more background this once. 


What we do here is to use at least 3 of the 20 words provided in a new, original poem of our own. You may include an echo or homage to do with Eliot, but it isn't necessary. The only requirement is the 3 or more words from the List. Then link, visit others, and sit back with a smug sense of self-satisfaction! Me, I'm off to give my arm a good talking-to.

Your List, which remains active through Sunday:

bell
borrow
broke
cards
coffee
eyes
fog
keys
lemon
lilacs
penny
Russian
sawdust
shrubbery
singing
smallpox
spider
tiger
violet
worried



18 comments:

  1. Thanks, Shay. I hope your arm loosens up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had to go to the doctor but got meds and am on the road to recovery. So glad to see you here, Sherry.

      Delete
    2. I'm glad you had it checked and are doing better. Am happy the word list is back.

      Delete
  2. Irresistible word garden list, Shay. Sorry to hear about your arm. Hope it's not serious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the well wishes and kind words my friend. The arm has been a real nuisance but I am finally on the mend.

      Delete
    2. Good to hear. I see "sawdust" is on the list. Of course it had to be.

      Delete
  3. Ha, I couldn't even imagine all listed words would be in my poem. Hope you are doing well now Shay. Thanks for the wordlist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shay! I love your word lists. I managed to incorporate a few in a sensible fashion. Thanks. Take care of that arm!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shay! Sorry about your arm, I hope it's recovered now? Great word list! I have tried to write something for it but it's not to be shared yet as it ended up being a bit of a rant about the state of the world. I need to look at it with fresh eyes to edit it. I'll certainly try and sort it out before the end of the week, but forgive me if I don't. I just can't seem to write anything but anti-war poems at the moment. I'll have a read of everyone else's meanwhile! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My arm is much better thanks! (the med makes me feel weird tho) I hope that you can participate, but if not, come back for next week's List!

      Delete
  6. Thank you for the chance to write. i liked the list of words format.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Eliot but couldn't get my act together this week. I am heading over to read yours now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crapstack! I thought I had until midnight. Sorry I’m late!! http://qbit.blog/2024/02/19/cut-him-off/

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?