Mama Zen made me aware of a contest being presented by Barking Mad , in which you can win a 250 dollar Target gift card by posting 5-10 of your favorite posts. Go see! Meanwhile, here are mine:
1. Fall Planting My friend Val's favorite of mine, along with
2. The Burn A poem that came out of my dreams, quite literally.
3. The Hill Is Closer To Heaven A simple little love poem I wrote for Helen T. It seems to me that those whose waters run deep, pay a price in isolation, sometimes. Along with Peace , the two best poems I wrote for her. No one deserved them more.
4. For Evelyn This poem is about Evelyn Nesbit and Stanford White, written after I had read Paula Uruburu's excellent book "American Eve."
5. Crow In Love My friend Anne's favorite. Crows are my totem animal.
6. This list just has to include story poems. Shrinky's favorite, Demons, about some demons who go for a late night snack at Denny's, as well as Cupcake, about a little frosted cake who joins the army, and The Marlboro Man, a favorite of my friend Kelly Dickson, about unexpected changes in the life of the familiar advertising symbol.
7. And finally, my short story Blackbirds, about the tragic results of a love triangle between two Native American sisters and a white man.
Got a favorite? I'd love to know about it.