Everybody loves the sun.
You live your life in it, wear it like honeyskin,
But it is your darkness I have always adored.
I will wait
Until your life lets you go, to me,
In the interstice between clock beats--
Baby, I have
One boot heel on the ground,
And the other up against the wall;
All of me is in shadow...
The gates here are beautiful but hard.
You'll come, won't you?
I am your girl with the astigmatic soul,
Waiting, depending upon tactile sense and white witchcraft;
I am the Other One, who nests your name.
Everybody loves the sun,
But I love only you.
photograph by Isadora Gruye, for Real Toads Sunday Challenge.
And now a special bonus meme. Sioux has gave me a right special blog award:
Seven Things I Love Beyond All Reason (in no particular order)
1. Bolthouse Farms mocha capuccino
2. Bosco the Wonder Dog
3. the big fat moist brownies they sell at the 7-11 next to where I work.
4. really well written poetry
5. Emmylou Harris, who does not know that I exist.
6. Mama Zen and Hedgewitch, who do know that I exist, and even admit it!
7. vintage mechanical toys