Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Monday, April 8, 2024

Word Garden Word List--Spill Simmer Falter Wither

 

Hello my little runaways! It's Monday again and time for this week's brand-new Word List.  This time our source is Sara Baume's superb novel Spill Simmer Falter Wither. It's about a solitary misfit and a one-eyed dog who run away from the unkind lives they've known and bond together on the road to... well, read it and find out. And the title? Think the four seasons. 

Sara Baume

"This book is like a flame in daylight, beautiful and unexpected." --Anne Enright, author of The Gathering. 

I have never read another book quite like this one. I suppose that The Plague Dogs by Richard Adams (also the author of the famous Watership Down) comes closest. It's unforgettable. I warn you, though, it will also break your heart. 

What we do here is to use at least 3 of the 20 words provided in a new original poem of our own. Then just link up, visit others, and then embark on a quest to find out once and for all who's a good boy. This prompt stays active through Sunday. 

And now, your List:

amok
armchair
baton
busybodies
cherished
child
countryside
delivery
euphoric
flowerboxes
freezing
lick
Perspex
reverse
running
sheep
sludge
stuffed
valerian
wildflowers

6 comments:

  1. I just requested it from the library. I can already tell it will be one of those books I sob through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a wonderful book. I need to read it. Thanks so much for the inspiration. I'll be back to read poems when I am more awake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am going to have to find that book and get my hands on it! I will either surprise you and be back or not. I always have good intentions, but just cause I don't return does not mean I don't love this platform my friend. Just sayen'. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a very good book with an intriguing plot, but if it ends iup being a heartbreker, I have to stay away....Sigh. Can't do 'sad stuff' right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I used a third of the words. What fun! Thanks for the prompt, Shay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow, that sounds like a good book. Thanks, Shay!

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?