Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Monday, April 15, 2024

Word Garden Word List--Save Yourself

 

Hello my stylish scaredy cats! It is time once again for your weekly Word List, and this time our source is the novel "Save Yourself" by Kelly Braffet. I read it a few years ago and absolutely loved it. She has such a sharp eye for the nuances of relationships, and is quite good at creating an uneasy atmosphere as well. 


I didn't even know, when I read her novel, that Kelly Braffet is married to Owen King, author son of Stephen King. Don't think for a minute, though, that nepotism got this one published; it's a great read. I purely lucked out in finding it in the local used book kiosk! My copy will never be in the book pound again, though. I'm keeping it in my hot little hands. 

What we do here is to use at least 3 of the 20 words provided in a new original poem of our own. Then just link up, visit others, and then go hide in the dark with a good book. This prompt stays active through Sunday. Enjoy!

Your List:

bandages
bitter
brain
brightly
candy
chick
clean
loathsome
mailers
nonchalant
object
rings
signatures
soap
solace
stereo
urge
vibe
vivid
zombie


11 comments:

  1. “Save Yourself” sounds like what the characters in a Stephen King novel are all yelling to each other. Maybe not nepotism, but maybe some real hair on that family, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, what a family. Stephen, his wife, both sons, and a daughter in law all writers!

      Delete
  2. This was the hardest list of yours that I have tried. Smiles. But I hadto give it a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both, Mary. I'm not really happy with mine though it'll do. It was a struggle though, and I relied on structure to save it.

      Delete
  3. Love the list...Iffy with my attempt. Thanks Shay for always bringing inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great List and time for some Emerson, Lake & Palmer !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the list, Shay! This one was a definite challenge for me, but I got it done and will be back in a bit to dig into the offerings. :)

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?