Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Monday, August 19, 2013

in water

I was soaking
~in water~
I must have fallen asleep
to my slowed breathing;
my slowed heartbeat;
I must have started to dream.

There was a field, a clutch of trees.
There was a retrograde moon, pale white in the morning sky.
There were stately grackles,
noisy starlings,
and a single cardinal on a mulberry branch that bobbed slightly 
under his tiny weight.

I was dreaming that I was
~in water~
I must have submerged into the pool of myself,
because then there were your slender fingers,
your hand
wet to the wrist,
stirring me and holding my heart as I spread and rippled.
__________

 

 

13 comments:

  1. Dreamlike and full of ripples of starlight and magic. I also like the phrase 'clutch of trees,' which seems to play into the personification, especially at the ending where the deep waters flow as intended. Just lovely, Shay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "your hand wet to the wrist" and "spread and rippled." Gorgeous phrases...

    ReplyDelete
  3. H to the OT!!!!!!!!!!!!






    ALOHA from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral
    ><}}(°>

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful that she was there to stir you gently in your reverie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ***there were your slender fingers,
    your hand
    wet to the wrist,
    stirring me and holding my heart as I spread and rippled***

    LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzers! This even stirred some dim, ancient memory in me, old cretin that I am!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmmm...that was delicious. You sure can stir the mood with your writing. You can cast a tone better than anyone I know. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lost in another that you forget yourself. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, Maude, yes! So missed you and your art. You make living worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the imagery of this poem. How much you made me see with your words. I loved the "stately grackles"...I'm not sure too many people would describe them that way, but I agree and like it. And how many times have I watched cardinals bobbing on a branch.

    Then the last line...the many different meaning:~)

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?