Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Hates Haiku , Flies Solo

This is the sort of thing that has those bitches snickering behind their hands--
I burned the bed, including the one in my mind,

but I took one of them outside first,
so I'm not as rash as they say.

I have shelves and shelves of poetry--
my own and everybody else's.
"My love is like a red, red rose," like this, and like that,

What a load of crap.

Now I sleep on the couch, in case there's suddenly something good on,
or I feel like steeping myself in a trash novel all night
like some sort of nocturnal tea bag.

I'm always brewing something.

So fuck you, you with the soft lips; you with the strong arms. 
Here's the list, you're on it, get lost.

At 3 a.m. there was a show about dinosaurs.
They had shrimpy brains and big spikes and some had clubs on their tails.
Half of them were girls, all they cared about was
laying eggs and eating.
I watched that shit until the sun came up.

My friend says, "You could still meet somebody."
It's true, I could.
Here I am flying through space with my big bright tail.
Here I fly, with my shitty track record and my poems and my passion.
Here I come, down through the atmosphere, 
not looking for you, but on my way anyway.
_________

for Sunny's "sleep and insomnia" prompt at Toads. I love to sleep. I never have insomnia.

15 comments:

  1. Yes, i can see you flying through space with your big bright tail, not looking, but flying anyway. Best attitude and poem ever. Love "i'm always brewing something."

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is poignant in a non-embarrassing way. La la mosk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn girl you sure know how to knock my socks off!đź’– This is deliciously fiery and gorgeously written! Thank you so much for participatingđź’–

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's to shitty track records and poems! *clink*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the attitude if this, especially:
    'I burned the bed, including the one in my mind';
    '...feel like steeping myself in a trash novel all night
    like some sort of nocturnal tea bag.

    I'm always brewing something.'

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are so many things/people you have skewered in this with your usual verve that I lost track after the tea bag...I can't tell you how often I have felt like this, yet never been able to put the words to it. Thanks for the (grim-ish) laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this and that...a load of crap. love your voice (as usual) dinosaur shit until the sun came up made me smile:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. must have a clear conscience.

    obviously I don't, though I am full of crap (those go hand in hand, I suspect) ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good lord. I think this might be my favorite of yours, ever. Poetry at its finest.
    So much love for this:
    "I feel like steeping myself in a trash novel all night
    like some sort of nocturnal tea bag.

    I'm always brewing something."

    ReplyDelete
  10. like others i especially love

    "like some sort of nocturnal tea
    bag.

    I'm always brewing something."

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always fall asleep to nature program... dinozzzaurzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shay--I loved (especially) the last five words, and the "nocturnal tea bag" bit. Jeezalou!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully told and how many would be able to put ourselves in your shoes too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. On fire, here! I love this. Impossible to list all the nuggets, so I will pick,
    '"I feel like steeping myself in a trash novel all night
    like some sort of nocturnal tea bag.

    I'm always brewing something.'

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fuck it! Can I hitch a ride?

    Amazing stuff, Shay.. The kind of shine that hurts my eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?