Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Monday, June 1, 2020

Ass

The President of the United States has something up his ass.
He addresses the nation:
"I have something up my ass."
Someone shines a light.
"Can you see," asks the President, "what is up my ass?"

The President of the United States cannot find his head.
He addresses the nation:
"We have Antifa and radical Democrats to blame for this."
Still, there is something up the President's ass.
Surrogates clarify:
"The President has golden rose-scented freedom bombs up his ass."


The President of the United States cannot find Colorado or his ass
with a map and both tiny hands.
What could be up his ass?
A rocket, to power his golf cart?
A monkey, to whisper in his ear?
A member of Congress, in its cozy nest?
"I have something up my ass," says the President of the United States.
What could it be?
________

7 comments:

  1. I dont think I have ever enjoyed a piece of writing this much. Cackles. THANK YOU. I have been feeling so down, this is JUST what I needed. OMG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That... Is... So... Great! "A monkey, to whisper in his ear" Can't stop laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love this Shay!! Awesome, wonderfully funny and true!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Shay you made laugh and I so needed this laugh today. This morning as I was walking my dog, I started crying out of the blue. So, yes, thank you, thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brava Brava Brava! And again with the labels that so perfectly compliment the poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha!! I love the rose-scented freedom bombs. It's more likely to be something with fangs and tentacles that knows how to use Twitter. This is clever, hilarious and rewarding to read, with so many little barbs and asides that both amuse and do the vital job of stripping the emperor of his invisible clothes. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "rose-scented freedom bombs" - Love that! You might also look for a bible.

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?