Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Mykonos

 Sugar plum, fairy
who kindly took me in,
you looked like one of those
white buildings on Mykonos
clean as a tide
in an open shirt.

Me, just a ragamuffin then, but
you treated me like turquoise and silver,
a small sparkling thing.
I loved your love of Gato Barbieri
and the notion
that I was worth the introduction.

Sugar pea, you knew me better
than I knew myself,
didn't you?
That soothing shade of Greek blue is called
Ambiguous,
and it's lovely, like early morning
or an offered hand

in a pearly cuff.
______

for Dverse Poetics "double dipper." 
I used Sugar Plum. 




9 comments:

  1. Sigh. There is a beautiful story in this poem. I would love to read the whole of it. Memoir, perhaps???? Those closing lines are exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having been to Mykonos, this entire poem made me smile. I am particulary smitten with these words:
    "and it's lovely, like early morning
    or an offered hand
    in a pearly cuff."

    Just a perfect ending. Thanks fo much for posting to the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shay, you captured that blue perfectly, and the open shirt I can see it - vividly against a Greek Isle tan. Stin ygeiรก sas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exquisite in every detail! Enjoyed! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely stunning, Shay. I especially like; "That soothing shade of Greek blue is called Ambiguous, and it's lovely, like early morning or an offered hand in a pearly cuff." ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gato Barbieri is something! What wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a whole story and a mood. There's something wonderfully sensual about this poem.

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?