Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Thursday, December 1, 2022

On The Way Home From Finishing School

 

On her way home through a deep dark wood, after studying rhyme and meter, what do you suppose should greet her but a big burly black bear. 

"You are in my woods," said the bear, "and I don't know if I should eat you or lick you."

Hands behind her back, the girl replied, "You are a very burly bear, and I don't know if I should teach you or trick you."

The bear eyed her hidden hands and pointed out that "you could be holding a pistol or a picnic basket, a treat for us or a blunderbuss." 

The girl brought out her hands and the bear's eyes grew wide, his face funny.

Then the bear said, "Oh, honey..."
_______

A bit of fun for Thursday's Six Sentence Link-Up. The required word was "meter." A bit out of my métier, I must say. ;-)

Music: The Bare Necessities



18 comments:

  1. Shay, You never cease to amaze! A gifted poet and a storyteller. You had me by the ... chin-hairs! I was holding my breath half-anxiously, half-warily, until the very end. And I still don't know whether to let it out. I'll let you know when I come to. "Oh, honey!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That honey should make the bear happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a good Six*

    *compliment on a story that immediately drew me in and, in due time allowed me to leave with a smile on my face

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way Shay, when you see a comment with asterisks...it's Clark 😉

      Delete
    2. lol
      ayieee!I have become anticipatable#
      I apologize for my 'introducing myself... sometimes my browser decides to get all introverted on my comments...
      My comment (and compliment) stands... despite my rhyming friend's thread-jumping

      (thanks Nick)

      # a disguised * ? Anticipateable is not a 'real' word, of course

      Delete
  4. Very pleasing rhythm and, dare I say as a "not poet", nice bit of meter. I enjoyed your Six very much. Can't help but ask - fan of firearms or Jack White?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed trying your prompt, via Dora. To answer your question: firearms no, Jack White yes, though I only know a few of his songs. He's from here, so he's pretty celebrated. I have his collaboration with Loretta Lynn and also one White Stripes cd.

      Delete
  5. This is a joy to read, I so enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If that is your first try at Six Sentence Stories, I can't wait for you to unleash your black ink!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a hoot! Well done. Reminds me of the joke about a bear who walks into a bar and says 'I'll have a scotch ............... and water.' The barman says 'Why the big pause?' The bear looks down at his hands and says ' Don't know, I was born with them.'

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so full of suggestion and lusty undercurrents, I like it! Totally want to know what she was holding in her hands! The mind boggles! I also love the girl's riposte to the bear. You're a word witch, Shay, plain and simple :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh baby! This was the best--clever trickery and you got in the perfect last word.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many surprises in so few sentences.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Shay.....this is absolutely brilliant! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?