Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Monday, August 12, 2024

Word Garden Word List--Philip K. Dick

 

Hello my little Listies! This week our source is a 1974 dystopian novel by the late Philip K. Dick entitled Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said. Isn't that a great title?

Philip K. Dick

I love a good sci-fi story, but like the divide between fans of Star Trek (me) and Star Wars, I do not like sci-fi's dragon-happy cousin, fantasy. My personal tastes aside, what we do here is to use at least 3 of the 20 words provided in a new original poem of our own. Any subject, any style or form. Then just link up, visit others, and then sit and contemplate how the world around you is an illusion constructed by powerful shadow figures beyond imagining. Or, just read a PkD novel! This prompt remains active through Sunday.

And now, your List!

automatic
butter
choose
clerk
Dixie cup
escapee
fakes
fixed
fogged-up
frizzy
lucid
magpie
mandatory
puny
quibble
records
reincarnated
rules
shaken
slime



11 comments:

  1. An interesting list, kiddo. I will be back, likely tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to see you Sherry! It was getting lonesome around here!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the words - I read this when I was younger and enjoyed it..may well revisit - Jae

    ReplyDelete
  3. At last, small ode to doom and gloom that fell into my head this morning. ;) Thanks for the impetus to write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, and I am so glad it helped you to write!

      Delete
  4. You had me at “automatic butter”…

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your list took me on a Science Fiction based on truth journey of a plethora of words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always love learning of new writers here Shay! I always hope to be back, but my ducks are scattered across the blogosphere and beyond, they are their own duck sci-fi.

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?