Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Kitty, Kitty



I am quiet,

Like a feather falling--

As you drone on and on, oblivious.


I am soft

Like a toy.

But look!

I just won't stay on my shelf;

And who knows

Where I may have crept off to?


Shhh, shhh, shhh...

You need to stop talking now--

You've been careless.

See how far the lighted windows are behind you?


A woman I may allow

To scratch under my chin--

My eyes gone thin like crescent moons;


But you,

If you don't get a clue and stop chattering,

Saying, "I think this!"

And, "What you must understand is that..."

I will get up softly.

I will approach you quietly,

And wait.


Who knows

What one so soft, so quiet, so stealthy,

Might be thinking?


Still your foolish tongue and try to imagine

What she might be kind enough to teach you

If provoked.

__________

19 comments:

  1. excellent repraoch that it's targets will never ever "get." Too bad. Like your paw and move on in your velvet night..."see how distant the lighted window?" Spooky!

    Aloha, Feline!

    Comfort Spiral

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure this isn't what you meant by this poem, but all I could think about while reading this was what it feels like to be on the sidelines watching while someone is hurting and not really being able to do anything of substance to help. It really made me stop and think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woman queen you write with art, and your issues with cats hmmm so amazing! I love that claw on the tree up as it should... and your /his words,the dialogue... YES I feel related to all this.
    Thanks for your comments yesterday and this beautiful poem.
    Sweet kitty huggies{{{

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laying on her back all soft and fluffy, look at my tummy, don't you want to touch? The unwary does not see the slitted eye or the claws peeking out, the light glinting off the fang.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmm, that perfect mixture of patience and vengence...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love this, Shay, the dangerously playful tone, the elegant threat underneath the “soft” appearance… Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was the kitty kitty around my babies-daddy? Because that's how I feel around him.

    much love

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uh, oh, be careful.

    Luckily, I have a nice kitty. So far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, unfortunately, they'll make more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have something for you at my place!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH, it feels nice to be in that position of power, doesn't it, darling...

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's what I love about cats. Very multi-dimensional.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! Feline wiles...love this!

    We're new to the world of cats. And I'm falling in love...
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?