Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Monday, October 5, 2009

A Little Fable



A little drop of water

Fell upon the wide flat surface of a stone.


After fifty thousand million billion years,

The stone began to change shape.


Ever so slightly.

Ever so subtly.


The sky asked the little drop of water,

"What are you trying to do?"


The drop of water said,

"I need a bowl to hold my tears."


The sky thought about this

For fifty thousand million billion years,


Then it asked,

"Why are you crying?"


"I thought you'd never ask,"

Replied the little drop of water.


"I cry because all that I am

Keeps pouring out again.


I cry because

My labors are so slow.


And I cry because

I am alone."


The sky thought about this

For another fifty thousand million billion years,


And then began to rain.


It rained

And rained

And rained

And rained


Until it had created an ocean

In the bowl of the earth.


I am a woman

And I want everything yesterday.


I cry because

I keep making mistakes.


I cry because

My labors are so slow.


And I cry because

I am alone,


Like a little drop of water

Sent from Heaven to a stone.

____________

14 comments:

  1. Sad and pretty. What city is that picture of?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bee-oo-ti-full poem, sister.


    I love happy endings....

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes. sounds familiar. so beautifully said shay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Annie, and it's wonderful to see you back here again! I'm not sure that's a happy ending, though....more, open ended...

    Shadow, I think we are reading each other's mail lately. And thank you, Ms. Stellar Poetess, kudos from you always puff me up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so wonderfully philosophical... *sigh*... And I like the picture that you chose to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm... Shay, that sounds like too many many years. I cry -I sigh -I shudder with such fables...
    Lovely post and photo!!!

    PS: You can borrow my pic of today... I have not the copyright! It's so beautiful, we can share it as a sign of our'frienship' ;)
    Sweet hugs ***

    ReplyDelete
  7. It could be here .. and you are not alone

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a beautiful and very graphic poem. I loved it.

    I need a favour from you - please visit my latest post and leave a comment there if you can. This is something very important!

    Here's the link - http://truthabtmeself.blogspot.com/2009/10/sorry-seems-to-be-hardest-word.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want everything yesterday, too.

    This is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How can I feel alone when people surround me?

    I think because, I long for her, and wish she for me.

    I know, I must let it be,

    maybe someday she'll see.

    But, if not, I'll always have a memory.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you never cease to amaze me...i am woman and i want everything yesterday...

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?