Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Spaghetti Girl



If we go to a nice Italian restaurant,

I'll only embarrass you--

Shoving rolls in my purse

Because

Every time I'm near you,

I feel the air is full of angels

And Armageddon must be barely a whisper away.


While you're making conversation,

I'll be wondering what you would look like

Wearing only this red and white

Checkered table cloth--

I'll be crossing myself and praying to remember

How I can pull it off you

Without upsetting

The water glass in your hand.


You'll talk about Jack White

I'll talk about Joan Jett

And you'll be the Spaghetti Girl

Straight until wet.


Well, this is just torture in a public place.

I'll only embarrass you

Because I am hungry,

So hungry,

And once I start I will never be done;

I think the Judgement must be barely a whisper away--

So I'm waiting for the deluge sure to come.

___________

17 comments:

  1. You bubble over with.....good stuff!


    Aloha, Friend!


    Comfort Spiral

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extraordinary, and again I must write this looong word *extraordinary*... and so funny.... YOU ARE great my friend... I love those ideas of yours unique magnifique!!!I wish I could be in that restaurant in front of your show (a fly on the wall- just in case)
    Now you must be so proud of your own magnificense self, you forgot to visit your sweet post of Saturday (sniff)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! You scare me almost every time with your poems. I mean, you write it with such graphical precisions and the idea of getting embarrassed in such a way! Thank God, I' only a faceless entity to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is so sensual and delicious. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Spaghetti Girl, straight until wet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is brilliantly naughty! Shame on Shay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chica, you stole my comment! ;) Hi Scarlet!!! *waves*

    Okay, this is a wilder one than normal!
    But...what made me laugh out loud was the tag....strict lesbyterian?

    Lmao!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant! Pasta the spaghetti. The photo you found to accompany Ms. Spaghetti is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I loved the line "Straight until wet"

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The whole straight until wet line just cracked me up! Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are sooooo good with your words!!

    Perfect as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a clever poem, full of intriguing images. I love the one of the checkered tablecloth being pulled without disturbing the glass of water...

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?