Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Children's Stars

When we last saw the astronaut, she was having quintuplets.
There was nothing left to drink but stupid Tang,
And no one to help her except for her dog Sirius.

Under an orange sky, she invoked the Divine.
"Dear God," she gritted out, adding monikers and flourishes that would make a Saturnine whore blush,
"Give a girl a fucking hand. Amen."

Twenty-three hours later, the astronaut was as empty as her discarded NASA helmet.
Who knew such small faces could make a constellation?
Five perfect points like a yellow star drawn by a schoolgirl.

"Sirius, keep us and protect us," prayed the astronaut, to the nearest known power.
The dog did exactly that, with noble fearlessness,
Down all his days under the dome of Heaven.


______



 
 

14 comments:

  1. Of course he did--that's his job, and he does it well--also have you ever spelled god backwards, eh? I am taken with the five pointed star, and with the emptied astronaut making constellations--with the dog(who would have to honorary) you could have the Seven Sisters. This puts stars in places they've never been before for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sirius Fidelis!



    Warm Aloha from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral

    > < } } (°>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my God, the dog looks exactly like Pup. I loved this intriguing tale of a solitary astronaut peopling space............your humor never fails to slay me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. applause applause!! Are you Sirius?
    Wonder full play in words
    Your still in the lead as one of my favs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This Emmylou (looking a bit like Marilyn M) song matches the feel of your poem perfectly. Star bright, star light ...........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, babe, this one has me completely lost, but that's okay. I don't know what you say, but I loves the way you say it. Love that dog, though. - Mosk (stuck here on planet Earth)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dogs are ever loyal, aren't they. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What intergalactic dangers did that brave dog defend them from? Call me curious, but that would be an interesting tale...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love where you imagination takes you and how you manage to put your imagination into words. I liked the constellation with "five points like a yellow star drawn by a schoolgirl."

    I'm not sure the deeper meaning of this one, but it sure was to fun to read and you know me, anything with a dog being the hero is perfect:~)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is perfect! I love the small faces making a constellation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. he may be man's best friend, but he is woman's best protector.

    LOVE this! {i'll be back asap to catch up, SP!}

    great music, too!

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?