Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Currently Trending Obscenities

I have been wondering,
are you losing interest in me?

Does the light lose interest in the day?
And if I say
things like that out loud, people go wtf?
What wacky shit did she just say?

There isn't a flower in the garden
that blooms all the time.
And if I write
shit like that, people go wtf?
Wtf is wrong with Shay?

A girl can line up her jewels in a box
or her trash at the curb.
And if I think
shit like that, then I take out my raven-covered book
and lay word upon word upon word.

Still, what I really want to know
is, are you losing interest in me?
Will the moon drop from the sky,
without a word to the stars?

If it's true--
If you are--
don't you know that I will wrap myself around myself 
and say wtf, oh jesus, wtf,
oh, oh, oh my heart.
______

12 comments:

  1. makes me just want to hug you and say, no! everyone loves you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poignant is kind of a stupid word, but fits the feeling here, as love,the beloved, and self are interwoven with the changeless skies and found to be more transient and a bit less constant than the northern star.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, oh, oh I so feel that fearful wondering........that last line hits the reader's heart with impact.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep reading this over and over. Just . . . wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No. I'm not. Especially when you continually share jewels like these:

    "A girl can line up her jewels in a box
    or her trash at the curb."

    "I take out my raven-covered book
    and lay word upon word upon word."

    "Will the moon drop from the sky,
    without a word to the stars?"

    "I will wrap myself around myself"

    Keep it comin'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think that the moon would fall without the stars. Usually both roads are less traveled than one would think. I love the reality that you've weaved into this. It is truthful and well spoken Shay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the raven-covered book and the laying word upon word upon word.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WTF Shay . . . so many of us can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This piece is so moving. There is nothing more important than acceptance by the one whom you love. To feel like they may have lost interest is soul-destroying... your final lines could not say that any better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, I thought this was funny:~)

    Maybe it's because of the playing with "wtf." Give my age, I struggle with all the abbreviations for talking now.

    Sometimes, I even have to look them up. Then again, I don't text and so, this might a reason for my lack of knowledge:~)

    However, this may change SOON. Since I managed to wash my ancient cell phone -- It only has text options, like "call me" or "thanks" but no keyboard to type text. However, the power last forever! It's sitting in rice with the hope it can be revived. Well see:~)

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Will the moon drop from the sky,
    without a word to the stars?"

    one of your best lines ever!

    how could anyone possibly lose interest in you? never!

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?