Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Friday, October 27, 2017

Terror

They terrify me.
Turn in any direction, they follow with their
ear-splitting shrieks and horrible, unreal faces.
"Do you see them?" I implore.
None do.
Babbling about leaf-turn and sunsets,
my companions are blind to the horror
of these squealing dwarves.
"Join us in the light," these simpletons urge!
They don't believe in the living. 
_______

Wondering if ghosts are scared of trick-or-treaters for Flash 55, hosted by my BFF Hedgewitch.
 

7 comments:

  1. As always you manage to turn a trope around with consummate skill--and to answer the question, if they're not afraid, they should be!I love the tongue in cheek tone and the cleverness, and the mood, and of course, G-man would have been delighted. Thanks for playing, Shay, and for making my weekend as kickass as it gets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You offer a unique perspective, here.. It's like I always think of a snake as being more scared of me than I am of it. Your last line is stellar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you were possessed when you wrote this one. Yep, I'm sure of it. Ghosts have been looking for a vessel, trying to find a way to tell the world just how annoying the little monsters can be.

    I always love the way in which most of your poem can be turned into a short film. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see my grumbling spirit walking among those shrieks.. lol Yes, I could see this on film. We walk the hallowed pumpkin yowl wishing we could steal tongues while the dwarfs collect treats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that twist. i don't believe in them, either.

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?