Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Sunday, May 23, 2021

Arabesque


I am the spine of a book, pages open on either side.

I am steel rails down a valley that two greening hills divide.

I am the corpus callosum, of two minds in every thought.

Am I sleeping or here wakeful, one eye open, one eye not?


I am the nest with two birds calling, both the same but different still,

I disperse myself in potions, both the doctor and the ill.

I am the worm who grew two wings, one of blue and one of gold,

Meeting in the middle when in flight and when in fold.

_______



for Sunday Muse #161. This had three stanzas but I liked it better with just the two.





9 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! The spine of the book, the pages, all the things in twos, the internal rhyme. A wonderful poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, I love it when you rhyme, and here your rhyme is a spellsong made of mysteries and the mundane, duality and monotony and the vivisection of what being alive might mean across a spectrum only half seen. I especially like the opening couplet, and the second stanza, with its vivid images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely lovely and dreamy...there's the magic that spins the smoke in a spiral right through it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If there is perfection in poetry and I believe there is it is right here in this poem my friend!! All the beautiful things a poem can be is sitting and standing and flying here! The true Gemini poetically captured as only you could do! The rhyme just makes it even more lovely! I love love love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am ~~~ captivated by this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I am the worm who grew two wings, one of blue and one of gold,
    Meeting in the middle when in flight and when in fold." - Brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! I like that feeling that whatever they/she are/is doing, they/she are/is the hub of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect with two verses, Shay. But I would have enjoyed the third, I know. Or was it the second or the first that you dropped. The rhyme adds a lot.
    I chose for mine, "one eye open, one eye not" as that takes a lot of practice. Almost as hard as when I learned to roll my eyes in different directions at the same time.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lyrically perfect it requires being revisited numerous times!

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?