Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Friday, April 14, 2023

Word Garden Word List--The Circus In Winter

 

Hello mes anges, It is time once again for your weekly Word Garden Word List! This time our source is The Circus In Winter, by Cathy Day


It's a collection of interwoven short stories about circus people in the off season and spans from long ago to contemporary times. I adored it and urge you to check it out! Though the stories may be set among carnies and such, they are chock full of home truths. 


What we do here is to use at least 3 of the 20 words provided in a new original poem of our own. It need have nothing to do with circuses, but you get an extra squeeze of the Bozo nose if it does. Then just link up, visit others, and take a victory lap standing up on horseback in a sequined costume, arms spread dramatically as the audience cheers with wild abandon!

And now, in the center ring, your List!

ash
baseball
bauble
charm
circus
clowns
Cole Porter
cookies
elephant
incident
miffed
misery
Oldsmobile
papier-mâché
Podunk
popping
spokesperson
trapeze
wig
Winnebago




8 comments:

  1. Let the high-flying trapeze begin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quote by her!!! You always have such wonderful features Shay! You dig into the world of poets and have the most wonderful finds!!! I will definitely check her out. Now....let in the clowns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a circus miracle.....I am back!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the last List. I thought that moving it to Friday might help, but fewer people are doing it now than when I posted it on Wednesday. I appreciate everyone who has supported this little project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry to hear that Shay! Yours is pretty much the only prompt I respond to reliably. I have so enjoyed being part of the little community you have formed. In any case, I look forward to still reading your poems.

      Delete
  5. I’m still working on mine! Sorry to be so slow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'm the latest! The party been done and gone already and peeps be sweeping up now. I'm like what happened?!

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?