Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Monday, June 24, 2024

Word Garden Word List--Let The Right One In

 

Hello my little scaredy cats! Time for this week's Word List! This time I've decided to do something a little bit different. I've chosen as our source material a novel that I really do not recommend reading! Oh, it's well-written and all of that, but it is definitely disturbing. I'm talking about Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist. 


There are two movie versions (one in Swedish and one in English) as well as the book. I have only seen the Swedish movie and was fascinated with it, but when I tried to read the book, I didn't get far. I decided I didn't need it in my head. It's about a boy who befriends a strange girl who only appears after dark and has to be invited in. I think you get the gist. It's also a story about like seeking like. No worries though! The List is as safe as milk!


What we do here is to use at least 3 of the 20 words provided in a new original poem of our own. Then just link up, visit others, and then relax in a cozy room with all doors and windows securely locked, especially if you decide to read Let the Right One In. This prompt remains active through Sunday. 

And now, your List!

apron
awake
balance
boats
border
boxes
exact
inability
listening
messages
paper
roll
secretly
skates
splitting
vague
whales
white
wig
window

14 comments:

  1. Where there is a whale, there must be a poem! Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the feast of words - I enjoyed the film it made more sense than the book..but like you say dark - Look forward to seeing everybody's work - Jae

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen the Swedish version. 😬

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dora - I couldn't publish a comment on your site but I found your poem so powerful - Jae

      Delete
  4. Sorry I was late this week. I just returned from a week's vacation (last week) and was so ill for a few days after returning I could do nothing. But here I am with just a little something for this week's list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list as always Shay. I actually wrote two poem for the challenge, but only posted one link here. The other poem is linked at the bottom of Paper Doll child for anyone who would like to read it. I didn't think you needed too much Susie here. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, so I saw this film some years ago and it was creepy as hell but somehow beautiful in that it was still also a love story. Still gave me the willies though. What a great idea to do a word list from.

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?