Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Monday, July 15, 2024

Word Garden Word List--Richard Wilbur

 

Hello again my versifying valorous flock! This week our source is the poems of Richard Wilbur. Find copious information about him, as well as many of his poems HERE.


I have chosen him because I feel a sharp thirst for poets who employ rhyme and form in their work and Wilbur fills the bill very nicely, though I have a stupendous example to use in a future List once her books arrive and I have read them! Shh, it's a secret!

"Wilburrrr!"

What we do here is to use at least 3 of the 20 words provided in a new, original poem of our own. Then just link up, visit others, and then sit down for an enjoyable episode of your favorite old tv show! This prompt remains active through next Sunday.

And now, your List:

airy
ashen
bells
ceremony
cheat
city
dead
grackle
hasty
mix
motors
natural
office
oven
sand
shells
speech
tigers
toxic
voices

18 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for another list of wonderful words - Jae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is Mr. Ed when we most need him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list. I shall dust the cobwebs from my brain and attempt to rhyme. Let's see if I remember how.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jo - I couldn't leave a comment on your site - I loved your poem! Jae

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this list, Shay. I'm excited there will be an upcoming Word List featuring a form poetry writer. I'm not much of one, but I did tuck a bit of rhyme in my poem this week. Maybe I'll be inspired to give it more of a go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll like this gal. Tell Thriftbooks to hurry up and get me my copies so I can do a List!

      Delete
  6. Love the list. I rarely do rhyme (which I didn't do this time) because I sucketh at it. Thanks as always for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhyme not required, Susie. It was just by way of telling how I came upon this poet.

      Delete
    2. I know. I really wanted to attempt it, but I am a sporadic rhymer. Is that a disease? lol

      Delete
    3. Hmm. Ask your doctor if Rhymolic is right for you. May cause headaches and outbursts.

      Delete
  7. A spectacular list that melded so beautifully with what was in my mind at the moment that I think I may have -- Mother, may I? -- have used all twenty darn-tootin' words! Alas, I did cheat you out of rhymes though. No rhyming. Just past-timin' (you'll see what I mean)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Got some inspiration from Neil Young - After The Gold Rush - Life in a sifting world. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?