Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Monday, July 8, 2024

Word Garden Word List--Whisper Down the Lane

 

Hello my gabbling grown-ups! What if... what IF... something you had done and thought was far behind you started gaining on you? Yes, you with the steady job and respectable situation; what if someone or something from yesterday's mistakes started leaving you little messages, little reminders that all is not, after all, forgotten and not nearly forgiven? Why, then you would have Whisper Down the Lane by Clay McLeod Chapman, and you would also have the source novel for this week's Word List!

Clay McLeod Chapman

I first found out about this author when I read Ghost Eaters, a novel that knocked me off my chair, out the window, and into next week. Alas, I have already used that one as a source. I think. Maybe. Perhaps. Where am I? Who are you people? Oh yes, my Listies! So, I bring you another one I loved by this author. Or, at least the ensuing 20 words taken from it. 

What we do here is to use at least 3 of the 20 words provided in a new, original poem of our own. Then just link up, haunt, er, visit others, and then relax in the security of your sweet and blameless circumstances for as long as that lasts. *smiles benignly* 

And now, your Word List:

art
candy
certificate
circle
classes
cupcake
destroyed
dude
error
exactly
included
mug
pink
rabbit
remembered
replica
secret
somnambulistic
sugar
unwrapped


7 comments:

  1. LOL. I love your sense of humour. Tasty words, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great words to sink your (sweet) teeth into - thank you! Jae

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. *smiles benignly* indeed. I feel haunted. As you'll see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dora - I couldn't leave a comment on your post - it is beautifully written - Jae

      Delete
  4. I haven't been feeling well this week, but I gave it a 'stab.' I just sat down and wrote what came to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For a minute I couldn't get past the word "cupcake." I was hungry! But, I rallied and got it done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had a go - but only got 4 words this week !!

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?