Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Monday, July 5, 2010

I Wasn't Looking, But There You Were

I wasn't looking, but there you were,
Such a sexy dream
Looking for someone,
Searching for someone
Who hadn't heard
Oh, Sweetheart,
Who hadn't heard your shit before.

I wasn't looking, but still you came,
Such a sweet talker
Looking for someone,
Searching for a country fool
Who hadn't heard
Oh, Sugar,
Every lame and empty line before.

You and me in a beautiful pea green boat,
Is this love?
Is this some kind of joke?
I'm not laughing.
Do you see me laughing?
Oh, wait,
You are. (I'm such a bloody bore.)

I wasn't looking, but there you were,
Searching for some simple rube
To leave hypnotized and stupid.
Oh, Honey,
It's me
It's me
It's obviously me.
___________

8 comments:

  1. and it will always be you, you, you... ha!

    I'm hearing quite a bit on animosity lately... I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stupid sounds so much cooler in Latin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the pea green boat reference...I memorized that to recite in fourth grade and have never forgotten the words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah! Love it! I love all your poems. Sad to hear that you have stopped submitting.I hope you will again someday soon. There are some words that should be heard by the larger population. Yours are such words, my friend.

    Has the book I sent arrived yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. They sneak up on us doncha know !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, but you're only a true rube if you fall for the same lines more than 20x. Yup, that's a fact. It is! Don't look at me like that, Shay - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Owl and the Pussycat...

    Neither of those would seem to be much of a rube. Perhaps just overly optimistic?

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?