Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Saturday, March 25, 2023

Word Garden Word List--Michael McClure

 

Hello friends! It's a hectic day around here, still messing with trying to effect repairs on my house and whatnot, but I cannot fail you! Today's List is taken from a volume of poems by Michael McClure entitled September Blackberries. You'll forgive me if I am less informative than usual this week, but I urge you to Google Michael McClure to find out more about him!


What we do here is to use at least 3 of the 20 words from the list provided in a new original poem of our own. Then just link up, visit others, and then loudly complain about being busy, so busy! :-p

And now, your List:

age
crowns
experimental
falcon
galaxies
geniuses
globe
gyres
Hades
poet
revolution
sensitivity
sidewalk
softness
sugar
swirls
swoop
tusk
wobbles
wolves

Extra bonus word: "Meat." He uses it repeatedly in this collection, and normally I always include oft-repeated words, but 'meat' just didn't seem very poetic to me. However, you may use it if you like, for meaty extra credit. 

6 comments:

  1. When it comes to meat and potatoes your list is the meat of the meal as is your poetry. One must chew many times and savor the flavor. I will Google McClure and I will try to return. Thank you for providing this even though your life is in construction and repair mode Shay. 🌻

    ReplyDelete
  2. An unexpected Friday 55 just happened to materialize out of these potent little words, almost as I read them, so thanks again for the inspiration Shay, and for the effort you make in these lists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will "meat" the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be back. "Wolves" are calling my name. Smiles. May not make it till tomorrow though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, read a couple of McClure's poems and dashed off a quick one just before going out......he has an interesting voice, in his work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ready to post my poem in a few .... had to take liberties with a few of your challenging words ... but enjoyed the exercise. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?