Reanimated Lavender Granola Switchblade Nun rides again.

Tuesday, October 8, 2024

An Ecclesiastical Fantastical State-Sponsored Royal Catastrophe Depicted Using Origami and Interpretive Dance

 

Used to be, I couldn't get arrested in this town
even if I sent the cops the photos myself, along
with a menu of suggested charges. 

I should have known, even if only on
an instinctual level, when they held the funeral
first, ahead of my arranged wedding

to some rich-ass fake wearing a rubber nose
and glasses disguise. He wanted to experiment,
but I guess he didn't mean on him.

We were such boneheads, we should have
used our noodles and not reenacted the battle 
of Hastings using pipe cleaner royals

but how were we to know they would seize
power the way they did? Now the cops are
accusing me of bags under my eyes

and deploying every trick in the book to
keep Melvin Belli stuck in traffic while some judge
throws the book at me. A best-seller! Is there

to be no end to my suffering? I am branded
with a red-hot haiku and shuffled off to Buffalo
where it snows all summer and there are no

book shops or street carnivals where a girl
could double as a stilt-walker or a ventriloquist,
speaking from on high this cautionary tale

about the dangers of poetry, Bunsen burners, and robed authorities.

_________

for Word Garden Word List--Tomb Sweeping

Music: Gong You Can't Kill Me





No comments:

Post a Comment

Spirit, what do you wish to tell us?